There happened to be a reason why hiding like counts has become a priority for Instagram.
To bring out more creativity rather than usual plastered content.
I mean, that’s how Instagram justified.
The fact that it is being tested globally now clearly indicates the fact that Instagram is well aware of the fact that the user’s on the platform are quite anxious about how many likes they receive.
Leads to depression and other psychological issues.
And when it comes to such issues, there are chances that you might want to take a break, or even delete your Instagram account.
So, in today’s article I will shed my light upon how you can do it.
Let’s get started-
What is the difference between ‘Deleting Accounts Permanently’ and ‘Deleting Accounts Temporarily’?
Deleting accounts permanently removes your profile (including your pictures, videos, comments, likes, highlights, and DMs) completely from the platform.
Moreover, when a user deletes his account permanently, there are no chances for him to ever get it back.
While on the other hand, there is another option that Instagram provides as ‘Temporarily Disable Instagram Account’ which you can use to delete your account temporarily for as long as you want and get back to it simply by logging in from the app or website.
Temporarily Deleting/Disabling Instagram Account removes your profile from the platform, but you can access it whenever you want in the future.
While your account is temporarily deleted, your pictures and all will vanish from the platform and other users won’t find you anywhere (not even in the Instagram Direct chats, let alone using the search option to search).
How to Delete your Account Permanently?
- Go to the “Delete Instagram Account” page- Link here!
- Now enter in your Username and Password, and log in on the website
- Users can not delete their accounts from within the app, they would need to switch to the website for deleting their profile from the platform.
- You will then be presented with a number of options from a drop-down menu, next to ‘Why are you deleting your Instagram Account?’.
- Select one of the reasons, and then re-enter the password.
- Then, tap on ‘Permanently Delete my Instagram Account’ to proceed ahead.
- And you are done!
- Your account is now permanently deleted from the platform and you won’t be able to sign in ever again with the same credentials.
How to delete your Instagram Account Temporarily?
Just like deleting your permanently, there are no options to delete/disable your account temporarily within the app.
Instagram users would need to switch to the website for executing the rest steps.
Let’s get started-
- Log in to the Instagram website from your web browser, or computer.
- Now tap on the profile icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Then, from there click on ‘Edit Profile’.
- Scroll down, locate and click on ‘Temporarily Disable My Account‘ on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now select an option from the drop-down menu next to ‘Why are you disabling your account?’, and re-enter your password.
- Then, click Temporarily Disable Account.
- And, you are done!
- Now your account, your profiles, photos, comments, and likes would be hidden until the user himself reactive their Instagram account by logging back in.
Let me know in the comments section below if you face any issues while following the above steps.
And please do share if you found it helpful!
See you next time!